February 20-February 23
February 22&23 – Class Group Pictures
March 5 – Re-enrollment Due Date
- The 2018-2019 Online Re-enrollment is open. The Re-enrollment deadline is March 5. Please note, after March 5, the re-enrollment fee is $250. You can read Mr. Corcoran’s blog for more information regarding re-enrollment.
FACTS has enhanced their system to allow our families to print their payment history for the 2017 year tax season. Simply follow these instructions.
1. FACTS customer will sign into FACTS at https://online.factsmgt.com.
2. Payment Plan and Billing select ‘View Details’.
3. Under Activity Details select ‘View Payment Summary’.
Page will open in another window or tab.
4. Select the year & then ‘Print’.
NOTE: This report will show the total paid for each of the accounts (i.e. Tuition,
After School Care, etc.). You can select a year or a date range for this summary.
This will also include the Schools Federal Tax ID and address.
Second Grade Overview
February 19th - February 23rd
BIBLE: Work on scripture memory for Acts 17:29 (ESV), “Being then God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.”
Students should be prepared for some kind of review quiz (verbal or word bank) of verses 24 through 28 so that we can keep the entire passage fresh on our mind.
Acts 17:24-28 (ESV):
(24) “The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, (25) nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.(26) And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for in him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said,”
**Test: The next verse test #9 has not be scheduled yet.
MAT: Facts to know: Subtraction of 3, 4, 5, and 6
We will be working on subtracting 6 and 7 facts, counting quarters, and rounding to the nearest ten.
**Test: A Written Assessment will be given on Thursday, 2/22 (no study required) and a Fact Assessment will be given on Friday, 2/23 (study all subtraction facts).
READIN: We will continue our F&F Important Details unit and will be working in our SPEC Logs. Please continue to review the pattern statement, process questions, and vocabulary with your child at home to prepare for the tests at the end of this unit.
SPELLING/PHONIC: We will be working on Spelling Unit #20 in our Spelling Connections textbooks. Students should practice writing the words at home throughout the week.
**Test: A Spelling Test will be given on Friday, 2/23.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We will complete our celebration of Black History Month as students continue learning about the important contributions and achievements of African Americans throughout our nation’s history.
LANGUAGE/WRITIN: Students will continue to work on retelling a narrative story. Together we will use a story sequence chart to create a keyword outline. Then we will retell and write a three-paragraph story using an outline.
REMINDERS AND NOTES!
Continue to read for AR! The February goal is 5 points. Please have your child read 15 minutes at home each night.
Field Trip, Tuesday, March 13 - We will be taking a field trip to the Parthenon in Nashville. We will leave school no later than 8:00 a.m. and return to school around 4:00 p.m. We have decided to take a bus for the students. More details about the trip will be sent out following winter break.