MAY 21 – May 25
May 23 – K5 Graduation
May 24 – 5th Grade Graduation
May 24 – Last Day of Classes
MAY 25 – NO SCHOOL OR AFTER SCHOOL CARE
May 25 – Teacher In-service
June 5 – Summer AR Begins
July 2-6 – School Office/Library Closed
July 24-26 – Used Uniform Sale
August 13 – Registration Day
August 15 – First Day of School
August 17 – BBS Spirit Day
This is our last Notes Home for this school year. Have a fun and safe summer!
- May 24 is the last day of classes for students in 1st-4th grade.
- Make sure to check lost and found for any missing items. Items not claimed or labeled will be donated.
- Multiplication Camp forms and payment for rising 4th and 5th grade students are due by Thursday, May 24.
- Back to School Reading Camp forms and payment for rising 2nd-5th grade students are due by Thursday, May 24.
- Be sure to read the Summer/Registration Packet that is now available on our website. The packet will include 2018-2019 Summer AR requirements, supply lists, BBS dress code, etc.
- Summer AR begins June 5.
- Registration forms are also on our website. These forms will be due on Registration Day.
- All health forms can be found on our website. If your child has a medical condition that we need to be aware of, please complete the appropriate form and return to the school by August 6, 2018.
- Please note that ALL health plans for the upcoming school year require a provider signature. These forms may be dropped off in the office, mailed, or faxed. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Adams at email@example.com.
- Reservations must be made for May Childcare! Click here to register
May 23 - Childcare for K5 will be available following their 9:00 program until 6:00. (Reservations close May 21.)
May 24 – Childcare is available for K5 from 8:00-6:00. (Reservations close May 21.)
May 24 - Childcare for 5th grade will be available until 6:00, following 5th grade graduation. (Reservations close May 21.)
The cafeteria will be open if needed.
After School Care will still be available for students in 1st-5th grade.
No school or childcare May 25.
- BBS Camp Bobcat
Register online today!!!!
If you're looking for a one-week day camp, or for most of the summer, check out Camp Bobcat. For the first time, we will be offering choices of one-week experiences for campers entering 1st grade through exiting 5th grade, showcasing our very own BBS teachers!
Included will be the regular schedule of daily fun plus a session each day led by the 'expert' of the week. Currently scheduled options; more to be announced soon:
June 4-8: Reading Expert - Mrs. Ledbetter (3rd-5th)
June 11-15: Math Expert - Mrs. Gruner (3rd-5th)
June 18-22: Cooking/Science Experts – Ms. Billie & Son (1st-5th)
July 9-13: Art Expert - Mrs. Williams (1st-5th)
July 23-27: Music Expert - Mrs. Breedlove
A $25 (per week) registration fee will hold your child's spot. The weekly fee is $110 for less than 20 hours; $160 for 20 or more hours. Registration covers 2 snacks a day plus all the activities. Click here for more information and to register.
Second Grade Overview
May 21st - 24th
MATH: We will be reviewing concepts that we have learned throughout the school year.
READING: We will complete our final reading unit on the story The Chalk Box Kid. We are specifically working on comprehension skills.
SPELLING: We will work in our Spelling Connections textbooks.
SCIENCE: We will complete our study on Force and Motion. Students will explore how objects move, how they can change the way things move, and how simple machines can help us do work. They will study the concepts of force, motion, gravity, work, and friction.
LANGUAGE/WRITING:We will complete our unit on writing a paragraph from pictures and pretending to be a reporter. We will be working on answering the questions of who, what, when, and where in our writing.
REMINDERS AND NOTES!
Summer reading for AR has begun! Please have your child read 15 minutes at home each night.
2nd Grade End of the Year Party- This Tuesday, May 22nd, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. at Warner Park Splash and Play Area (301 N. Holtzclaw Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37404).
Dress: Boys can wear swim shorts and uniform shirt. Girls can wear their suits under their uniform shirts and shorts (staying within dress code), or they may bring their suits and change clothes. Please make sure your child has a towel, sunscreen, and dry clothing.
Lunch: We will have pizza there. Our Homeroom Moms are coordinating drinks, snacks, and desserts. Please contact your class Homeroom Mom with questions.
Transportation:We do need parent drivers! Please contact your child’s teacher if you can drive. We will leave school at 11:15 a.m. and return to school by 2:30 p.m.