December 11 – December 15
December 20 – K3/K4 Christmas Program
December 20 – ½ Day of School
December 21-January 3 – Christmas Break
January 4 – School Resumes
January 5 – BBS Spirit Day
- K3/K4 Christmas program will be on Wednesday, December 20, at 9:00 a.m. in the school cafeteria.
- Holiday Childcare
Wednesday, Dec 20: to follow early dismissal - 5:30
Thursday, Dec 21: 7:30 - 5:30 (at the BX childcare area, due to plumbing repairs on main campus)
Friday, Dec 22: 7:30 - 5:30
Tuesday, Jan 2: 7:30 - 5:30
Wednesday, Jan 3: 7:30 - 5:30Students must be signed up for Holiday Care.
- Students may be dismissed following their classroom parties on Wednesday, December 20. Remember, this is technically a half-day of school. All students MUST be picked up by 11:30.
- Financial aid applications for the 2018-2019 school year are now being accepted. More information including the application link can be found on the "Financial Aid" section of our school website, which is located under the “Admissions” tab.
- Just a reminder that The Speech and Hearing Center will be at school next Tuesday, December 12th, to conduct speech and hearing screenings. If you would like for your child to be screened, please fill out the attached form and return it with $20 to your child's teacher.
Fourth Grade Overview
December 11-15, 2017
BIBLE: Continue working on our memory verse passage: Psalm 100:1-5 (ESV). Our next verse test will be on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and will cover the following verse: Psalm 100:4 (ESV).
4 “Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!”
*** Students should be prepared for some kind of review quiz (verbal or word bank) of verses 1, 2, and 3 so that we can keep the entire passage fresh on our mind.
1 “Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
2 Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
3 Know that the LORD, He is God!
It is He who made us, and we are His;a
we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.”
READING: We will continue the Character unit. Study materials are in student binders. Please note they are responsible for synonyms and antonyms, as well as definitions. There will be NO READING HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS for this unit. Please make sure your child studies the pattern statement, process questions, visual tool, and vocabulary a little every night in preparation for testing. Vocabulary test is Thursday, December 14; Skills testing is Friday, December 15; Performance testing is Monday, December 18.
SPELLING: No spelling work until after the New Year.
ENGLISH: We are wrapping up our unit covering adjectives. Students have learned to identify adjectives and incorporate them into their own writing. We have also covered different types of adjectives, how to compare with adjectives, and how to use adjectives correctly when writing. Our test over this unit has been moved to Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
MATH: I think we are finally understanding the steps of division and we are continuing to work on proficiency in executing the steps. Our test over this chapter will be Friday, December 15th. To be honest, our bigger struggle right now is students not knowing their math facts. They will not be able to succeed as we move forward if they do not know these facts. I cannot encourage you enough to go over them at home.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We will continue to study the Western Expansion. We will study chapter 11, lesson 3, “From Ocean to Ocean.” There will be a test over the terms of chapter 11 on Monday, December 18. Students will also learn about the Pony Express. They will make a “Wanted Poster” to advertise for riders.
We will close our study on the West by having a covered wagon race between all fourth graders. The race will be held on Tuesday, December 19.
½ Day - Christmas Party at Ice on the Landing December 20 leave @ 9 a.m.
* A light breakfast will be served in each 4th grade
homeroom class prior to leaving to go ice skating.
Your food contributions are much appreciated. Our
homeroom moms will be contacting you soon with
Christmas Break December 21 - January 3