March 19 – March 23
March 19 – Girls Basketball Sports Pictures
March 22 – Spring Sports Pictures
March 26-30 – Spring Break
April 6 – BBS Spirit Day
April 16-20 – Scholastic Book Fair
April 20 – Grandparents’ Day – ½ Day of School
- The BBS Online Auction will open on Monday, March 12, at 8:00 a.m. and will close at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 17. The BBS Live Auction, Light up the Night, will be on Friday, March 16, at the BX. Doors will open at 5:45 p.m. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. followed by the Live Auction at 7:30 p.m. Childcare will be on the main school campus.
- FACTS has enhanced their system to allow our families to print their payment history for the 2017-year tax season. Simply follow these instructions:
1. FACTS customer will sign into FACTS at https://online.factsmgt.com.
2. Payment Plan and Billing select ‘View Details’.
3. Under Activity Details select ‘View Payment Summary’. Page will open in another window or tab.
4. Select the year & then ‘Print’.
NOTE: This report will show the total paid for each of the accounts (i.e. Tuition,
After School Care, etc.). You can select a year or a date range for this summary.
This will also include the Schools Federal Tax ID and address.
- Camp Bobcat
If you're looking for a one-week day camp, or for most of the summer, check out Camp
Bobcat. For the first time, we will be offering choices of one-week experiences for campers
entering 1st grade through exiting 5th grade, showcasing our very own BBS teachers!
Included will be the regular schedule of daily fun plus a session each day led by the 'expert'
of the week.
Currently scheduled options; more to be announced soon:
June 4-8: Reading Expert - Mrs. Ledbetter (3rd-5th)
June 11-15: Math Expert - Mrs. Gruner (3rd-5th)
June 18-22: Cooking/Science Experts – Ms. Billie & Son (1st-5th)
July 9-13: Art Expert - Mrs. Williams (1st-5th)
July 23-27: Music Expert - Mrs. Breedlove
A $25 (per week) registration fee will hold your child's spot. The weekly fee is $110 for less
than 20 hours; $160 for 20 or more hours.
For your child to participate in all or most of the summer, don't miss the best price registration that ends March 30 - $125 for all 10 weeks! After March 30, registration goes to $175. Registration covers 2 snacks a day plus all the activities. Click here for more information and to register.
- Holiday Childcare will be available by reservation only during 4 of the 5 days of Spring Break.
March 26-29. No childcare Friday, March 30.
Open 7:30 - 5:30.
Morning and afternoon snacks will be provided. No lunch provided.
No-shows will be charged a minimum fee of $15. Sign Up Here
Second Grade Overview
March 19th - March 23rd
BIBLE: Work on scripture memory for Acts 17:30 (ESV), “The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,”
Students should be prepared for some kind of review quiz (verbal or word bank) of verses 24 through 29 so that we can keep the entire passage fresh on our mind.
Acts 17:24-29 (ESV):
(24) “The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man, (25) nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.(26) And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place that they should seek God, and perhaps feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for in him we live and move and have our being’; as even some of your own poets have said, “Being then God’s offspring, we ought not to think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and imagination of man.”
**Test: The verse test #10 will be on Tuesday, 4/3.
MATH: Facts to know: Subtraction of 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
We will be working on subtracting 9 facts, telling time to the minute, identifying parallel lines and line segments, adding three digit numbers and money amounts, and counting quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies.
**Test: The next Written Assessment will be given on Tuesday, 4/3, (no study required) and a Fact Assessment will be given on Wednesday, 4/4, (study all subtraction facts) after we return from Spring Break.
READING: We will continue our F&F Unit on Plot and students will be working in their SPECS Logs. Please continue to study the pattern statement, process questions, and vocabulary with your child at home.
**Test: The Plot Unit Performance Task Assessment will be given on Thursday, 4/5 and the Skills and Vocabulary Test will be given on Friday, 4/6.
SPELLING/PHONICS: We will be working on Spelling Unit #24 in our Spelling Connections textbooks. Students should practice writing the words at home throughout the week.
**Test: A Spelling Test will be given on Friday, 3/23.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We will continue our study of Ancient Greece. Students will learn about children in ancient Greece and about architecture.
LANGUAGE/WRITING: Students will continue working on rewriting the story of the Trojan Horse using their own words. Together we will use a story sequence chart to create a keyword outline showing setting, character, conflict, plot, climax and resolution. Students will then retell the story in a three-paragraph writing.
REMINDERS AND NOTES!
Continue to read for AR! The March goal is 5 points. Please have your child read 15 minutes at home each night.
Friday, March 23rd, 1:00-2:00 p.m. Easter Party! - The 2nd Grade classes will be celebrating Easter together right before Spring break. We will have an egg hunt and a simple game/activity along with treats. Each student will need to bring in a basket/bag for the egg hunt on the day of party. Students will be permitted to leave after the party (around 2:00 p.m.) if parents would like to sign them out in the office, otherwise, all students remaining at school will watch an Easter movie.