Begin working on spelling name. Begin to use glue appropriately (just a dot and not a lot!!!)
Circle Time: Introduce calendar patterning, leader beginning to spell name and point out letters, introduce the name of our month on the calendar, and begin to recognize some letters in the day of the week and month of the year.
Bible Verse: “Treat others the way you would like to be treated.” Luke 6:31
Number: 2 (around and back on the railroad track is two, two, two)
Units of Study: Bears, Things that Go, Zoo
Nursery Rhyme: Jack be Nimble
Jack be nimble.
Jack be quick.
Jack jump over the candlestick.
Things to Remember:
Labor Day: September 7
Open House: September 17
Picture Day: September 24, 25
Memory Verse: “Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God.” Psalms 147:1
Unit: My Body, Miss P
Vocabulary Words: names of body parts, body, patches, grow, square, pattern
Skill and Concept Emphasis: Bodies, Body parts, Rhyming, Square, Sorting, Counting
Cooking: Making pancakes, pizzas, and popcorn!
Math: Saxon lessons 5 & 6 – placing a Picture on a pictograph.
Developing an understanding of numbers and their association with objects.
Literature: From Head to Toe, The One and Only Special Me, Action Poems
September 7 Labor Day Holiday
September 17 Open House
Please remember to send in a change of clothes in a labeled gallon size bag. Please put ASC items (stuffed animals, blankets) in a separate bag!
Continue to use your nametag when driving through the pick up line. Thank you so much for your help on this.
As soon as possible, establish a morning drop off routine. This will help your child get off to a good start on his/her grown up day.
If your cell, email or home phone number changes, please let us know.
For your child’s safety, it is important for him/her to learn his/her phone number and address. Please review this often with your child.
We’ve had a wonderful beginning in K4 to our new school year. Thank you for praying for us! Your continued prayers are much appreciated!
Your K4 team:
Joann Hellmann 899-7486
Lori Roden 667-9100
Rebecca Stubblefield (615)604-5372
Memory Verse: “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33 NIV
Unit: My Family
F & F Unit: Sequence of Events – Process questions: What happened first? What happened next?
Language Arts: We are continuing our “whirl-wind” tour of the alphabet, studying the letters L, O, G, H, and T, and reviewing recognition and sounds. It will be helpful to continue practicing at home.
Math: We will be reviewing number recognition.
Skill of the Week: Manners make a person nice to know. Practice using your manners!
- Remember to order your light blue polo shirt for field trips.
- Remember that homework comes back to school on Wednesday in the Tuesday folder. This also is a good time to include important correspondence. Let your child do his/her own homework. Please try to make your child write neatly and use pencil. At the beginning of homework time, review the instructions with your child and give him/her a set time to complete it.
- If you have not turned in a change of clothes, please do so. Send them in a gallon size bag with your child’s name on it.
- Even if your child brings lunch on Wednesday, they may still purchase ice cream for .25 cents. We do not get ice cream on any other If you purchase a hot lunch, a drink and ice cream are included.
- You may send in a water bottle with your child’s name on it.
September 7 Labor Day Holiday – No School
September 17 Open House
October 2 Apple Valley Orchard Field Trip
Happy Birthday to Gunnar Gibson on September 1st!!!