Dress Code 2013 – 2014
The Scriptures tell us that Christ was an ordinary and modest man in appearance so that in no case did people follow Him for His looks or style or dress, but for the life He lived. So it should be with us.
The kindergarten children spend a great deal of time in various forms of play and art activities. Their clothing should reflect these kinds of activities. Here are some guidelines that we ask you to observe:
- We expect the children to be clean, neat and modest in dress
- Clothing should be free from inappropriate slogans, advertisements, comic strip, cartoon, or TV personalities.
- Tennis shoes and socks must be worn at all timesFlip-flops, sandals, open toed shoes, or clogs are not permitted at any time
GRADES 1 – 5
The purpose of a uniform dress code is to enhance the safe and orderly environment of the school. It is our desire to implement and enforce a dress code that will allow for comfort, modesty, and uniformity and eliminate distractions.
The administration has final say and complete discretion in enforcing dress code issues.
Students are expected to maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance. Uniforms must fit students appropriately.
Pants and shorts:
- Navy, khaki, or gray uniform or cargo style pants and shorts. Shorts may be worn year-round.
- Pants and shorts that have belt loops must be worn with belts.
- Shorts must be of modest length, no shorter than 2″ above the top of the front and back of the knee.
- Dri-Fit polo shirt purchased from Educational Outfitters.
- Polo style shirts in navy, white, chambray (light) blue, maize, or gray. Polo shirts must be monogrammed with the official school logo.
- Blue or white oxford cloth shirts with button down collars (long or short sleeves). They do not have to be monogrammed but must be free of visible brand names or logos.
- White or navy turtlenecks may be worn, and do not have to be monogrammed.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
Shoes and Socks/Leggings:
- Boots may be worn if they have flat, rubber soles and fit properly. No boots with a high heel are permitted due to safety issues. Cowboy boots are not permitted.
- Sandals, clogs, flip-flops, open toed shoes and Crocs are not permitted on any school day.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- Girls may wear solid white, gray, black or navy tights or leggings. Leggings must be ankle length. “Jeggings” are not allowed.
- No hats or head coverings may be worn in the building.
- Any jacket is allowed for outside wear.
- Plain navy or black jackets may be worn in class.
- White, navy, maize or gray sweaters and sweater vests. These do not need to be monogrammed with the official school logo.
- Navy or gray Brainerd Baptist sweatsuits may be worn and must have the official school logo (monogrammed or screen printed) on both the pants and shirt.
- Brainerd Baptist sweatshirts may be worn at any time but must have a uniform shirt underneath.
Additional information for girls:
Dresses, Skirts, Jumpers, and Skorts:
- All dresses, skirts, jumpers, and skorts must be 2” above the top of the front and back of knee.
- Shorts must be worn under all skirts and dresses.
- Polo dress (Chambray Blue, Classic Navy, and Gray Heather) with the official school logo.
- Jumpers must be official plaid, khaki, gray, or navy (Land’s End & Educational Outfitters).
- Capri pants are not permitted.
- Make-up is not allowed.
- Moderate jewelry is allowed.
- Hair should be styled neatly.
Additional information for boys:
- Boys must have moderate haircuts (hair must be off the collar and trimmed above the eyebrows) and be well groomed at all times. Slogans or symbols cut into the hair are not allowed. No earrings are allowed for boys. Undershirts must be the same color as shirt or white.
Special Notes for Civilian Day Dress
A sleeveless top is acceptable; however, halter-tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, or bare midriffs are never acceptable. Clothing should be free from inappropriate slogans, advertisements, comic strip, cartoon, or TV personalities. Shirts with writing must contain appropriate messages. Skirts or shorts must be no shorter than 2” above the front and back of the knee. Pants must be worn at the waist. There must be no writing on the back of shorts or pants. Tennis shoes must be worn. Clogs, sandals, flip-flops or Crocs may not be worn at anytime. Clothing must fit appropriately. If in doubt, it is best not to wear it.
Physical Education Dress Code
Students in 4th and 5th grade will dress for Physical Education class. BBS T-shirts with blue, black or gray shorts that are approximately 4 inches from the knee. Blue or black warm up pants are allowed.